COLUMBIA HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY
Columbia High School operates on an 8-period day from 7:05-2:03. The library is open from 7:05-3:00 on all days except Thursdays when we close early 7:05-2:25.
Kate Ingham, CHS Librarian, by phone 207-2101 or by email at InghamKa@egcsd.org
Use of the library media center:
- Before and after school: We are open before school from 7:05-7:20 and after school from 2:05 to 3:00 all days except Thursdays when we close early 7:05-2:25. If the library needs to close for any reason, it will be on the announcements.
- Lunch periods: If students choose to spend their lunch in the library, they must understand that we do not allow food or drink here. They must present a pass or a schedule verifying their lunch period. They must remain in the library until the end of the period. We do not give passes to the cafeteria.
- Students classes, science flex and study halls: Passes are required for students to come to the library from classes, science flex and study halls.
- Unscheduled (free) periods for seniors: Students are welcome to come to the library on their "free" periods and must sign in within the first 20 minutes of the period and stay until the end. In compliance with school rules, passes are required from students who enter or leave while the period is in session.
- NHS passes: will be honored if they can show us their NHS card and as long as students respect library rules.
Follow our CHS Facebook page for current library events and news.
“Ghosts of War” Author Comes Home – Posted November 12, 2015
Ryan Smithson '03 returned to Columbia High School on Monday to discuss his memoir "Ghosts of War." Full story.