The District’s Continuing Education program is offered to our community in keeping with the District’s philosophy of
A School and Community Working Together.
The East Greenbush Central School Continuing Education Program is a self-supporting program and has no bearing on the district’s tax rate. The EGCSD Continuing Education program is offered to our community in keeping with the District’s philosophy of School and Community Working Together.
The wide range courses, offered during fall and spring semesters, include a variety of computer, exercise, art, dance, craft, and educational classes. Questions regarding continuing education classes and schedules should be addressed to Cecelia Caska the Continuing Education Coordinator at 207-2150.
The program also offers a Gold Card to the District’s Senior Citizens (age 50 or older). The Card entitles the bearer to an entrance fee reduction for District plays and sporting events as well as tuition reductions for numerous Continuing Education courses. For additional information on the Gold Card contact the District Communications Specialist at 207-2532.
SPRING 2014 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- To register for classes, please call 207-2150, except for those indicated in the course description where you register directly with the instructor. You will need to leave your name, telephone number and indicate which class you are signing up for. Once you have done so, you are considered registered.
- If, after you have registered, you are unable to participate, please call and notify us as soon as possible.
- All course participants must be registered. Walk ins accepted only as indicated.
- Course fees are collected by the Instructor at the first class. Checks must be made payable to EGCSD Continuing Education. Any material fees are payable directly to the instructor.
- Refunds cannot be issued after a student has attended a class.
- Partial refunds will not be given for classes that a student does not attend.
- A course may be cancelled if there is not sufficient enrollment. You will be notified by phone should this occur.
- Children between the ages of 12– 16 who enroll in classes must be accompanied by a parent.
IN CASE OF SCHOOL CLOSINGS
The District will continue to announce its school closings (due to an emergency, a snowstorm, or hazardous road conditions) on the local radio and/or television stations. If schools are closed for the day, all Continuing Education classes are cancelled.
Also, please be aware that changing weather patterns during the day might force the early closing of schools. In that case, all Continuing Education classes will be cancelled for that night.
Cancelled classes will be made up whenever possible.